Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Coastal Pender
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:08 PM EDT on April 19, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 20, 2014
... High rip current risk in effect from Sunday morning through
The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a high rip
current risk... which is in effect from Sunday morning through Sunday
* Location... coastal Pender... New Hanover... and Georgetown counties.
* Rip current risk... high rip current risk for coastal
Pender... New Hanover... and Georgetown counties. Moderate rip
current risk for coastal Brunswick and Horry counties.
* Surf height... 4 to 6 feet.
* Other hazards... gusty northeast winds will prevail on Sunday
with sustained winds around 25 kts and higher gusts possible.
High winds will create rough surf conditions.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins... jetties
and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach patrol. Pay
attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do not
attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
Please visit the following website to share your thoughts on the
new rip current hazard...
Statement as of 4:44 PM EDT on April 19, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Florence SC...
A record rainfall of 1.07 inches was set at Florence SC today. This
breaks the old record of 0.97 set in 2013.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Warning
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Flood Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning