Current Watches and Warnings
New Hampshire, Southern Grafton
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:20 AM EDT on April 21, 2015
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on April 22, 2015
... Flood Watch remains in effect through Wednesday morning...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of western Maine and New Hampshire... including the
following areas... in western Maine... Androscoggin... Central
Somerset... coastal Cumberland... coastal Waldo... coastal York...
interior Cumberland... interior Waldo... interior York...
Kennebec... Knox... Lincoln... northern Franklin... northern
Oxford... Sagadahoc... southern Franklin... southern Oxford and
southern Somerset. In New Hampshire... Belknap... coastal
Rockingham... interior Rockingham... Merrimack... northern
Carroll... northern Grafton... southern Carroll... southern
Coos... southern Grafton... Strafford and Sullivan.
* Through Wednesday morning.
* Low pressure will drive an occluded front across the region
today preceded by locally heavy rain and scattered thunderstorms.
This frontal system will produce between 1.5 and 2.5 inches of
rain across much of the area... with locally higher amounts. The
heaviest rainfall should occur this morning... but runoff and
additional snowmelt will keep the threat for flooding going
through at least tonight. The heaviest rainfall is expected on
the coastal plain... as well as the east slopes of the White
Mountains northeastward into the Maine foothills.
* Rivers are already on the rise from snowmelt over the past few
weeks. 1.5 to 2.5 inches of rainfall will allow some rivers to
rise to bankfull and even overflow their banks. Urban and poor
drainage flooding is also likely this morning in locally heavy
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Statement as of 3:48 AM EDT on April 21, 2015
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on April 21, 2015
The National Weather Service in Gray Maine has issued a
* Special Weather Statement for...
southern Grafton County in New Hampshire
interior Rockingham County in New Hampshire
western and central Hillsborough County in New Hampshire
Merrimack County in New Hampshire
Cheshire County in New Hampshire
eastern Hillsborough County in New Hampshire
Sullivan County in New Hampshire
* until 500 am EDT
* at 346 am EDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar was
tracking a band of showers and thunderstorms along a line
extending from near South Wallingford to near Holden... moving to
the northeast at 40 mph.
* Very heavy rain is falling... and will cause water to pond on
roadways and quickly fill roadside ditches and small streams.
* Locations impacted include...
Prolonged heavy rainfall may cause water to flow over the roadway. Do
not drive your vehicle where the Road has become flooded.
Lat... Lon 4295 7253 4300 7244 4305 7247 4308 7244
4325 7244 4331 7240 4352 7240 4370 7230
4377 7220 4387 7218 4301 7115 4270 7146
4272 7242 4273 7246 4277 7249 4277 7252
time... Mot... loc 0742z 217deg 35kt 4339 7293 4232 7180
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Maine - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- Maryland - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Wind Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- New Hampshire - Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- New Jersey - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Tornado Watch , Tornado Watch , Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Tornado Watch , Flood Warning , Record Report
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- - Tornado Watch
- - Small Craft Advisory