Current Watches and Warnings
New Jersey, Coastal Ocean
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 7:56 AM EDT on July 29, 2016
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on July 29, 2016
257 am EDT Fri Jul 29 2016
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly NJ has issued a
* Flood Advisory for...
southeastern Mercer County in central New Jersey...
Monmouth County in central New Jersey...
central Middlesex County in northern New Jersey...
Ocean County in southern New Jersey...
* until 1145 am EDT
* at 751 am EDT... Doppler radar indicated an area of moderate to
heavy rain extending across portions of the i95 corridor and the
northern New Jersey coast. Some of these areas received heavy rain
yesterday. Poor drainage, low-lying, urbanized or small stream
flooding is possible across portions of the advised area. Up to
two inches of rain can be expected, where the heaviest rains fall,
in about a two hour timeframe.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Toms River... Perth Amboy... Long Branch... Asbury Park...
Sandy Hook... Lakewood... Middletown... Old Bridge... Jackson...
Howell... East Brunswick... Sayreville... Marlboro... Manalapan...
Carteret... Barnegat... Tinton Falls... Holmdel...
Red Bank and Beachwood.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 3976 7409 3945 7428 3949 7431 3955 7443
3960 7439 3977 7439 4024 7466 4060 7426
4059 7421 4056 7421 4055 7425 4050 7428
4046 7426 4041 7400 4041 7399 4048 7402
4043 7397 4029 7397
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until noon EDT today...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* all of Delaware... northeast Maryland... portions of New Jersey
and southeast Pennsylvania... including the following areas... in
Delaware... Delaware beaches... inland Sussex... Kent and New
Castle. In northeast Maryland... Caroline... Cecil... Kent MD...
Queen Annes and Talbot. In New Jersey... Atlantic... Atlantic
coastal Cape May... Camden... Cape May... coastal Atlantic...
coastal ocean... Cumberland... eastern Monmouth... Gloucester...
Hunterdon... Mercer... Middlesex... Morris... northwestern
Burlington... ocean... Salem... Somerset... southeastern
Burlington and western Monmouth. In southeast Pennsylvania...
Delaware... eastern Chester... eastern Montgomery... lower
Bucks... Philadelphia... upper Bucks... western Chester and
* Until noon EDT today
* bands of showers will continue moving east and northeast across
the area this morning. Some of these showers could produce
heavy rain and result in a localized flash flood threat. There
could be some isolated thunderstorms as well, which would
further increase the potential for flash flooding.
* An additional one to two inches of rain, with locally higher
amounts is possible in the watch area through the morning hours.
Flooding potential will be very high in those locations that
received heavy rain on Thursday.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert, Special Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Georgia - Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Watch
- Illinois - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maine - Special Statement
- Maryland - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Massachusetts - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- New Jersey - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Areal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Ohio - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Pennsylvania - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Texas - Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report