Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Western Nevada Basin and Range including Pyramid Lake
Statement as of 3:17 PM PDT on October 25, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on October 26, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this evening...
A Wind Advisory remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this evening.
* Timing: winds will continue through the evening... then slowly
* Winds: south to southwest 25 to 40 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Waves on pyramid lake: 2 to 4 feet this evening. Small boats
should avoid the lake for the remainder of today.
* Impacts: hazardous travel conditions for high profile vehicles
with travel restrictions possible on Highway 95. Blowing dust
may create sudden reductions in visibility.
Motorists... especially in high profile vehicles... should use
caution and remain alert for sudden gusts or cross winds. Check
our website at weather.Gov/Reno or listen to NOAA Weather Radio
for updates on this situation.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:36 PM PDT on October 25, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on October 25, 2014
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 8 PM PDT this evening
for strong winds and low humidity for west central Nevada...
* affected area... fire zone 453 west central Nevada basin and
range and fire zone 459 Mineral and southern Lyon counties.
* Winds... southwest 20 to 35 mph with gusts to 55 mph. Strongest
winds north of Highway 50.
* Humidity... 8 to 18 percent.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity will
create critical fire weather conditions.
A red flag warning means weather conditions can cause fires to
grow rapidly in size and intensity before first responders can
contain them. Avoid doing outdoor activities that can create a
spark near dry vegetation... such as yard work... target shooting...
or campfires. Continue to check weather.Gov/Reno for updates and
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , High Wind Watch , Blizzard Watch
- Arizona - Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Nebraska - Record Report
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Texas - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Record Report