Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Northeastern Nye County
Statement as of 2:08 PM PDT on October 24, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on October 25, 2014
... Wind Advisory in effect from 11 am to 8 PM PDT Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Elko has issued a Wind Advisory...
which is in effect from 11 am to 8 PM PDT Saturday.
* Winds... south to southwest 25 to 35 mph... with gusts to 45 mph.
Gusts to around 55 mph on passes and summits.
* Timing... 11 am to 8 PM PDT Saturday.
* Locations include: Winnemucca... McDermitt... Paradise Valley...
Golconda Summit... Ely... McGill... Connors Pass... Great Basin
National Park... Austin... Austin Summit... Eureka... Diamond
Valley... Pinto Summit... Battle Mountain... Emigrant Pass...
Tonopah... Round Mountain... Duckwater... Currant Summit.
* Impacts... motorists should be prepared for strong winds and
hazardous driving conditions... especially when driving high
profile vehicles. Expect areas of blowing dust.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 30 mph with gusts
in excess of 45 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make
driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use
Statement as of 5:33 PM PDT on October 24, 2014
... Record high temperature set at Eureka Airport NV...
a record high temperature of 78 degrees was set at Eureka Airport NV today.
This ties the old record of 78 set in 2007.
- Alaska - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory, High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Iowa - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- North Dakota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Wind Advisory
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement