Current Watches and Warnings
New York, Southeastern St. Lawrence
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 2:00 PM EDT on October 22, 2016
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on October 23, 2016
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 6 PM this
evening to 11 am EDT Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Burlington continues the Winter
Weather Advisory for snow across the northern Adirondack region
of New York... from 6 PM this evening to 11 am EDT Sunday.
* Locations... northern Adirondacks of New York.
* Hazard types... wet snow.
* Accumulations... 3 to 5 inches of heavy wet snow.
* Maximum snowfall rate... up to 1 inch per hour... mainly this
evening and overnight.
* Timing... rain is gradually changing to wet snow this
afternoon... with accumulating snow expected this evening and
overnight. Lingering snow will taper off to snow showers during
* Impacts... difficult travel due to wet and slushy snow
accumulation on roadways... and periods of low visibility. There
will be a large elevation dependence on snowfall
amounts... expect variable Road conditions over short distances
* Winds... west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Temperatures... falling to near freezing this evening. Overnight
lows in the upper 20s to lower 30s.
* Visibilities... less than one half mile at times tonight.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... your local media... or
go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this
- Alaska - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Special Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Special Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Flood Statement , Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Frost Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Special Statement
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Special Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Hampshire - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- Rhode Island - Wind Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Frost Advisory
- Texas - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Vermont - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory