Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Northern Oregon Cascade Foothills
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:34 PM PDT on September 15, 2014
Expires 3:00 AM EDT on September 16, 2014
... Red flag warning now in effect until midnight PDT tonight for
dry and unstable conditions... critically dry fuels and a threat of
dry thunderstorms for Oregon fire weather zones 602... 603... 604...
605... 606... 607... and 608... as well as Washington fire weather
zones 604 and 660...
* affected area... Oregon fire weather zones 602... 603... 604...
605... 606... 607... 608 and Washington zones 604 and 660. This
includes the Clark County lowlands in southwest Washington and
the extreme South Washington Cascades and foothills... and much
of northwest Oregon from the Coast Range to the Cascades.
* Timing... critical fire weather conditions will continue through
* Stability... mid-level Haines 6 conditions through midnight.
* Relative humidity... improving recovery tonight... but generally
just 40 to 60 percent on slopes and ridges.
* Thunderstorms... a threat of thunderstorms over the south half of
the forecast area this evening then spreading north thereafter.
Very little rainfall with any storm... especially those over the
north half of the region.
* Impacts... the combination of an increasingly unstable
environment... critically dry fuels and possible lightning may
result in rapid fire spread of on-going incidents and the
potential for new starts.
Precautionary/preparedness actions... a red flag warning means
that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...
or will shortly. A combination of strong winds... low relative
humidity... and warm temperatures will create explosive fire
- Alabama - Special Statement
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Record Report
- Michigan - Frost Advisory
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - Record Report