Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Upper Hood River Valley
Statement as of 4:25 AM PDT on July 04, 2015
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on July 05, 2015
... Heat advisory remains in effect until 6 PM PDT Sunday for
much of the interior lowlands in northwest Oregon and southwest
Washington including the central Oregon Coast Range and the
A heat advisory remains in effect until 6 PM PDT Sunday.
* High temperatures: generally in the 90s... except 85 to 95 in
the higher terrain and lower Columbia. Hottest time of the day
will be 1 PM to 6 PM each afternoon.
* Low temperatures: temperatures will continue to be slow to cool
off in the evening... especially in urban areas and higher
terrain. Lows will generally be in the upper 50s and 60s...
though some urban areas and hills may not fall below 70 degrees
* Locations include: Vancouver... Battle Ground... Washougal...
Eugene... Springfield... Corvallis... Albany... ODell... Sandy...
Estacada... Sweet Home... Salem... McMinnville... Hillsboro...
Portland... Oregon City... Gresham... St. Helens... Veneta...
Toutle... Ariel... Lake Merwin... Cougar... Cottage Grove...
* impacts: take care not to over exert during the heat of the
day... and to stay hydrated with clear liquids. Automobiles
can heat up rapidly to temperatures harmful or even deadly
to pets and children. Use caution near area rivers... be
water smart... wear a life jacket and use good judgment.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning. Know
the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear
light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible and drink
plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:49 PM PDT on July 03, 2015
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on July 04, 2015
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 8 PM PDT Saturday for
for breezy winds and low relative humidity...
* affected areas... Washington zone 639 east slopes of the
southern Washington Cascades and Oregon zone 639 east slopes
of the northern Oregon Cascades... mainly in the eastern
Columbia River gorge.
* Timing... lowest relative humidity combined with stronger winds
expected to occur between 1 PM and 8 PM today and again on
* Wind... west winds 15 to 25 mph in the eastern Columbia River
gorge and west to northwest winds 10 to 20 mph elsewhere.
* Humidity... as low as 15 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended. Do not release fireworks
near areas of dry vegetation or flammable material.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Statement as of 7:25 PM PDT on July 03, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Salem and Eugene or...
Location high temp previous record/year
Eugene Airport 100 99 / 1970
Salem Airport 99 98 / 1970
- Alabama - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Alaska - Dense Smoke Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Utah - Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Coastal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement