Current Watches and Warnings
Rhode Island, Northwest Providence
Statement as of 10:04 PM EDT on October 22, 2016
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on October 23, 2016
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM EDT Sunday...
* locations... include eastern and southeastern Massachusetts...
as well as all of Rhode Island.
* Winds... west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Timing... through Sunday... tapering off late.
* Impacts... strong winds may down tree limbs and branches leading
to isolated power outages. Strong gusty winds would blow around
unsecured outdoor objects.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 31 to 39 mph are
expected... with gusts between 46 to 57 mph. Winds this strong are
capable of Downing small tree limbs and branches... possibly
causing isolated power outages. Driving can also be difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 10:12 PM EDT on October 22, 2016
The following are unofficial observations taken during the past 6
hours for the storm that has been affecting our region. Appreciation
is extended to Skywarn spotters... cooperative observers... cococrahs
observers... media and Highway departments for these reports. This
summary is also available on our home Page at weather.Gov/Boston
***********************peak wind gust***********************
Location Max wind time/date comments
... Barnstable County...
Woods Hole 58 922 PM 10/22 ham radio
... Bristol County...
West Island 46 1010 PM 10/22 ham radio
... Nantucket County...
Nantucket 54 951 PM 10/22 ham radio
:10/22/2016, 922 PM, MA, Barnstable, Woods Hole, , , 41.52640, -70.67360, non-tstm, 58, mph, ham radio,
:10/22/2016, 1010 PM, MA, Bristol, West Island, , , 99.99000, -999.99000, non-tstm, 46, mph, ham radio,
:10/22/2016, 951 PM, MA, Nantucket, Nantucket, , , 41.28330, -70.10000, non-tstm, 54, mph, ham radio,
- Alaska - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Flood Statement , Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Hampshire - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New York - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- Rhode Island - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Frost Advisory
- Texas - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Vermont - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- - Small Craft Advisory