Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Marion
Statement as of 10:07 AM EST on March 08, 2014
Expires 3:06 AM EDT on March 09, 2014
... Flood Warning now in effect until further notice...
the Flood Warning continues for
the great Pee Dee at Pee Dee
* from Sunday morning until further notice.
* At 9:00 am Saturday the stage was 16.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 19.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by tomorrow morning and continue to
rise to near 24.6 feet by early Thursday afternoon.
* Impact... at 25.0 feet... flood waters will continue to affect logging operations
upstream and downstream from Pee Dee. Flooding of farmlands adjacent to the
river will worsen.
Lat... Lon 3424 7962 3424 7950 3400 7945 3385 7932
3385 7944 3398 7957
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 7:40 AM EST on March 08, 2014
... Severe weather awareness week in north and South Carolina March
2 to March 8...
This week has been declared severe weather awareness week for 2014
in north and South Carolina. All week long... the National Weather
Service has been issuing informative messages to help you prepare
for severe weather.
We hope that you have taken time this week thinking about the
various types of severe weather that can threaten you home and
family. The Carolinas experience a wide variety of severe weather
ranging from lightning to flooding and tornadoes.
Preparing before storms threaten is the most important. A NOAA
Weather Radio with a warning alarm tone and battery backup can be a
vital tool in your home. There are many advantages of using a
weather radio to obtain information. First is their ability to be
programmed to turn on in the event of a warning, any time day or
night. Second is their battery backup source of power. Electric
power often becomes unavailable during dangerous weather rendering
televisions and computers useless. Following a hurricane utility
power is sometimes not available for days or even weeks. Battery
operated televisions can also prove useful but they are considerably
Talk with your family about severe weather and develop a safety
plan. Staying informed about severe weather and making sure that you
know what to do when severe weather threatens will keep you and your
The mission of the National Weather Service is to protect the life
and property... but it is up to you to be prepared. Seconds can save
lives so make sure that you know what to do once the alarm is
- Alaska - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Special Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oregon - High Wind Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Air Quality Alert
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Watch , Record Report