Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Dorchester
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 7:45 PM EDT on July 31, 2014
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on August 01, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through Friday morning...
The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for a portion of southeast South Carolina...
including the following areas... Charleston... coastal
Colleton... Dorchester... inland Berkeley... inland Colleton and
tidal Berkeley. This includes the Charleston Metro area.
* Through Friday morning
* scattered showers and thunderstorms are expected to redevelop
overnight into Friday morning and affect portions of
Charleston... Berkeley... Dorchester and Colleton counties.
Between 4 and 8 inches of rain has fallen over portions of
these counties since early Thursday afternoon which resulted in
significant flash flooding in some locations. Any additional
heavy rainfall through Friday morning could result in renewed
Be prepared to protect life and property... especially in areas
prone to flooding. If flooding develops... move to higher ground
immediately. If driving... be prepared for flooded roadways and
possible Road closures.
Local Storm Report
07/31/2014 0325 PM
4 miles S of Summerville, Dorchester County.
Heavy rain m3.24 inch, reported by mesonet.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 9:13 PM EDT on July 31, 2014
The following are unofficial observations taken by automated
surface observation systems /ASOS/... fire weather remote automated
weather stations /RAWS/... Georgia automated monitoring network
stations /gaemn/... NOAA/S National estuarine research Reserve
system observations /nerr/... National data buoy center locations
/ndbc/ and other quality controlled sensors from across southeast
South Carolina and southeast Georgia.
********************Storm total rainfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments
... Chatham County...
2 NW Burroughs 2.63 857 PM 7/31 mesonet
... Beaufort County...
5 SSW White Hall 3.32 856 PM 7/31 mesonet
... Charleston County...
2 SSW James Island 7.78 851 PM 7/31 mesonet
3 SW Shadowmoss 6.02 853 PM 7/31 mesonet
1 S Shadowmoss 6.00 315 PM 7/31 trained spotter
James Island 4.40 508 PM 7/31 broadcast media
3 NW Folly Beach 3.99 854 PM 7/31 mesonet
4 NNW Kiawah Island 3.75 452 PM 7/31 trained spotter
2 se delemar crossro 3.30 324 PM 7/31 mesonet
1 E Shadowmoss 3.27 852 PM 7/31 mesonet
1 NE Maybank bridge 3.25 419 PM 7/31 trained spotter
1 se Kiawah Island 3.03 421 PM 7/31 mesonet
2 se west Ashley 2.92 900 PM 7/31 mesonet
Charleston Airport 2.04 852 PM 7/31 mesonet
... Colleton County...
1 WSW Givhans Ferry 3.54 855 PM 7/31 mesonet
... Dorchester County...
4 S Summerville 3.24 325 PM 7/31 mesonet
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Flash Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement