Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Dorchester
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 2:27 PM EDT on October 08, 2015
Expires 2:30 PM EDT on October 09, 2015
1012 am EDT Thu Oct 8 2015
The National Weather Service in Charleston has extended the
* Flood Warning for...
Charleston County in southeastern South Carolina...
Berkeley County in southeastern South Carolina...
Dorchester County in southeastern South Carolina...
* until 230 PM EDT Friday
* at 218 PM EDT... area emergency management agencies reported that
high water levels continued across part of the warned area... with
some roads and homes still experiencing significant flooding.
Although little to no additional rainfall is expected through
Friday... water levels are expected to only slowly recede across
many flooded areas. Some of the more higher impacted flood areas
includes regions along the Ashley... edisto and Santee rivers...
including the surrounding creeks and tributaries. Water levels may
hold steady... or even rise some through Friday. All those that
live near a river or creek should continue to monitor water
levels... and prepare to move away from waterways if water levels
continue to rise.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Charleston... North Charleston... Mount Pleasant... Summerville...
Goose Creek... Hanahan... Moncks Corner and McClellanville.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall earlier in the week will
continue to cause flooding of small creeks and streams... highways
and underpasses in urban areas. Additionally... country roads and
farmlands along the banks of creeks... streams and other low lying
areas are subject to flooding.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 3300 7936 3303 7953 3280 7973 3279 7991
3268 7989 3261 8000 3249 8033 3274 8045
3305 8039 3307 8062 3318 8079 3333 8051
3327 8030 3345 8022 3351 7999 3313 7927
The Flood Warning continues for
the edisto river near Givhans Ferry.
* At 9 am Thursday the stage was 16.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring.
* Forecast, the river will rise to near 16.6 feet by Saturday morning
then begin a slow fall.
* At 15.0 feet, major flooding occurs as the entire flood plain
between Canadys and Norman Landing is inundated. Extensive damage
occurs to homes and Cabins in this area and most river access roads
Lat... Lon 3303 8055 3310 8053 3308 8036 3290 8037
3290 8045 3302 8044
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Frost Advisory
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Washington - Special Statement , Record Report