Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Coastal Colleton
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 12:04 AM EDT on April 19, 2014
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on April 19, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 6 am EDT early this
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* southeast South Carolina... including the Charleston Metro area.
* Until 6 am EDT early this morning
* additional heavy rain is likely through early this
morning... especially north of Interstate 26. The risk for flash
* Flooding could occur quickly... especially in low-lying and
poor drainage areas. Driving could become hazardous as some
area roadways could become impassable due to high water...
especially in urban areas like downtown Charleston and
Savannah around the time of high tide.
Be prepared to protect life and property... especially in areas
prone to flooding. If flooding develops... move to higher ground
immediately. If driving... be prepared for flooded roadways and
possible Road closures.
Statement as of 1:40 AM EDT on April 19, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Savannah GA...
a record rainfall of 2.27 inches was set at Savannah GA
yesterday... April 18. This breaks the old record of 1.04
inch set in 1957.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 10:56 PM EDT on April 18, 2014
The following are unofficial observations taken by automated surface
observation systems /ASOS/... fire weather remote automated weather
stations /RAWS/... Georgia automated monitoring network stations
/gaemn/... NOAA/S National estuarine research Reserve system
observations /nerr/... National data buoy center locations /ndbc/ and
other quality controlled sensors from across southeast South Carolina
and southeast Georgia.
********************Storm total rainfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments
... Candler County...
1 ESE Metter 2.70 1038 PM 4/18 RAWS
... Chatham County...
Savannah Airport 2.13 838 PM 4/18 ASOS
3 SSE Garden City 2.07 655 PM 4/18 mesonet
1 N Savannah 2.04 655 PM 4/18 mesonet
3 N Savannah 1.97 840 PM 4/18 RAWS
Skidaway Island 1.60 656 PM 4/18 mesonet
... Evans County...
1 W Claxton 1.69 639 PM 4/18 mesonet
... Liberty County...
2 SSW midway 1.85 727 PM 4/18 RAWS
... Long County...
7 S Glennville 1.25 457 PM 4/18 amateur radio
... McIntosh County...
4 NNE Wolf Island 2.00 413 PM 4/18 cocorahs
... Screven County...
Millhaven 1.77 838 PM 4/18 official NWS obs
... Tattnall County...
3 W Reidsville 2.44 723 PM 4/18 official NWS obs
... Beaufort County...
marine corps air sta 2.47 930 PM 4/18 ASOS
... Charleston County...
5 SW Adams Run 2.37 1051 PM 4/18 RAWS
3 W Kiawah Island 2.19 958 PM 4/18 official NWS obs
... Colleton County...
Cottageville 2.74 1041 PM 4/18 mesonet
... Dorchester County...
Givhans Ferry state 2.69 1004 PM 4/18 mesonet
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Record Report
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement