Current Watches and Warnings
South Dakota, Lincoln
Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Statement as of 2:03 AM CDT on July 06, 2015
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on July 06, 2015
Severe Thunderstorm Watch 393 remains in effect until 400 am CDT
. South Dakota counties included are
Clay Lincoln Union
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 9:02 PM CDT on July 05, 2015
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on July 06, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through Monday morning...
The National Weather Service in Sioux Falls has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of northwest Iowa... southwest
Minnesota and South Dakota... including the following areas...
in northwest Iowa... Lyon IA and Osceola. In southwest
Minnesota... Cottonwood... Jackson... Lincoln MN... Lyon MN...
Murray... Nobles... Pipestone and rock. In South Dakota...
Aurora... Bon Homme... Brookings... Brule... Charles Mix... Clay
SD... Davison... Douglas... Gregory... Hanson... Hutchinson...
Jerauld... Kingsbury... Lake... Lincoln SD... McCook... Miner...
Minnehaha... Moody... Sanborn... Turner and Yankton.
* Through Monday morning
* thunderstorms with the potential to produce locally heavy
rainfall are expected to expand across the area overnight.
Rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches or more are possible in some
locations... as slow-moving storms move across the region.
* Areas streams... creeks and rivers may climb to and exceed
bankfull. Low water spots will also likely fill with water and
cause potentially dangerous driving conditions. Very high
rainfall rates may also cause flash flooding in urban areas.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Warning
- Florida - Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Wyoming - Special Statement