Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 3:03 AM CDT on October 31, 2014
Expires 9:00 AM EST on November 02, 2014
... Freeze watch remains in effect from late tonight through
... Freeze watch remains in effect from late Saturday night
through Sunday morning...
* temperature... overnight lows Friday night will get down to the
upper 20s to around 32 for most of the area. Saturday night
lows will be a bit colder from the mid 20s to around 30.
* Impacts... vegetation and crops that are susceptible to damage
from freezing temperatures will need to be covered.
A freeze watch means sub-freezing temperatures are possible.
These conditions could kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 5:01 AM CDT on October 31, 2014
... October snowfall is rare in Nashville...
Since the winter of 1884 and 1885... only 11 octobers have had snowfall...
and only twice was there measurable snow.
... Dates that snow has fallen in October...
October 31st 1993... 0.4 inch (only 2nd time that measureable snow
October 30th 1993... trace
October 19th 1989... trace
October 31st 1954... trace
October 6th 1952... trace (earliest snowfall on record)
October 31st 1931... trace
October 31st 1930... trace
October 30th 1925... 1 inch (largest snowfall in october)
October 23rd 1917... trace
October 20th and 29th... 1913... trace
October 28th 1910... trace
October 26th 1898... trace
Snowfall records at Nashville date back to the winter of 1884-85
when the Army signal corps began taking snowfall measurements.
- Alabama - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Alaska - Special Statement
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Freeze Warning
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Public Information Statement
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Freeze Warning, Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Oregon - Record Report
- South Carolina - Lake Wind Advisory
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert, Special Statement , Special Statement
- Utah - Special Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Washington - Flood Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wyoming - Special Statement
- - Gale Warning