Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 4:11 AM CST on February 28, 2017
Expires 8:00 PM EST on February 28, 2017
... Wind Advisory in effect from 11 am this morning to 7 PM CST
The National Weather Service in Norman has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 11 am this morning to 7 PM CST
* Timing... late this morning through the afternoon.
* Winds... southwest 35 mph gusting to 40 to 45 mph.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 4:28 AM CST on February 28, 2017
Expires 10:00 PM EST on February 28, 2017
... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon today to 9 PM CST
this evening for windy conditions... warm temperatures and low
relative humidity for portions of western Oklahoma and western
* timing... Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday evening.
* Wind... southwest at 30 to 45 mph, with gusts 45 to 55 mph.
* Humidity... 10 to 20 percent.
* Temperature... mid 70s to low 80s.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
* Other impacts... a wind shift will move across the area
Tuesday evening into Tuesday night with northwest winds 15-25
mph and higher gusts. This could cause problems for any
ongoing firefighting efforts.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
- Alabama - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Blizzard Warning , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory
- California - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flood Watch
- Kansas - Fire Weather Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Fire Weather Warning
- Montana - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Flood Warning
- New Mexico - High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Blowing Dust Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory, Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Wind Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Oregon - Winter Weather Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Wind Advisory
- Texas - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Blowing Dust Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Wind Advisory
- Washington - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch