Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 4:34 PM CST on November 22, 2014
Expires 8:30 PM EST on November 22, 2014
The National Weather Service in Norman has issued a
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
Stephens County in southern Oklahoma...
Cotton County in southwestern Oklahoma...
Jefferson County in southern Oklahoma...
Clay County in northern Texas...
Archer County in northern Texas...
Wichita County in northern Texas...
* until 730 PM CST
* at 427 PM CST... local media reported heavy rain causing Urban and
Small Stream flooding in Wichita Falls Texas. Additionally...
National Weather Service radar continues to indicate moderate to
heavy rainfall across the advisory area. 2 to 3 inches of rain has
already fallen... and additional moderate rainfall is expected
over the next 1 to 2 hours.
* Some locations that will experience minor flooding include
Wichita Falls... Duncan... Burkburnett... Sheppard AFB... Iowa Park...
Henrietta... Walters... Waurika... Archer City... Holliday...
Comanche... Temple... Ringling... Ryan... Petrolia... Empire City...
Velma... Byers... Randlett... Scotland... Terral... Bellevue...
Windthorst... Dean... Megargel... Jolly... Cornish... Hastings... Loco
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams... highways and underpasses. Additionally... country
roads and farmlands along the banks of creeks... streams and other low
lying areas are subject to flooding.
Lat... Lon 3340 9895 3387 9895 3416 9861 3445 9834
3447 9825 3451 9824 3452 9814 3453 9756
3390 9756 3397 9761 3398 9764 3399 9768
3386 9783 3389 9798 3347 9798 3347 9842
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Lake Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Tornado Watch
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Tornado Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Maine - Freezing Rain Advisory
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Watch
- North Carolina - High Wind Watch
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Tornado Watch , Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Winter Weather Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch
- South Dakota - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - High Wind Watch
- Vermont - Freezing Rain Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Virginia - High Wind Watch , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- - Tornado Watch
- - Gale Watch