Current Watches and Warnings
Texas, Val Verde
Statement as of 7:09 AM CDT on March 18, 2018
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on March 18, 2018
... Near critical to critical fire weather conditions expected
across Val Verde County today...
A very dry airmass with minimum humidity values of 10 to 20
percent combined with southwesterly winds of 10 to 20 mph can be
expected today across Val Verde County. In particular, the far
western portion of Val Verde County will likely see the lowest
humidity and higher wind speeds. This could result in a brief
period of critical fire weather conditions across Val Verde County
Burning of any type is highly discouraged as a wildfire could
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:55 PM CDT on March 18, 2018
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on March 19, 2018
... Red flag warning in effect from 10 am to 7 PM CDT Monday for
very dry conditions and gusty winds...
The National Weather Service in Austin/San Antonio has issued a
red flag warning, which is in effect from 10 am to 7 PM CDT
Monday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
*Affected area... western Hill Country, Edwards Plateau, Rio
Grande plains, and Winter Garden regions.
* Wind... northwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
* Humidity... 5 to 10 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will spread rapidly. Outdoor
burning is strongly discouraged.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Fire Weather Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Special Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Oregon - Record Report
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory, High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin -
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement