Current Watches and Warnings
Utah, Wasatch Mountains I-80 North
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 3:59 PM MST on December 19, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EST on December 22, 2014
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from late Saturday night
through Monday afternoon...
* affected area... the Wasatch and western Uinta Mountain ranges
and the Wasatch Plateau and Book Cliffs.
* Snow accumulations... accumulations of 10 to 20 inches... with
locally greater amounts across the Wasatch Range.
* Timing... snow will reach the northern Wasatch mountains late
Saturday night... then spread south and east across the
remainder of the northern mountains by early Sunday. Snow will
continue heavy at times through early Monday... then gradually
decrease in intensity and areal coverage Monday afternoon.
* Snow levels... snow levels at the beginning of the storm will
be near 6000 feet. Snow levels will rise to near 7000 feet
during the day Sunday.
* Winds... strong northwest winds will develop along ridgelines
and across exposed areas by late Sunday morning. Winds of 25
to 35 mph with gusts in excess of 50 mph are expected.
* Impacts... heavy snow along with the potential for significant
blowing and drifting of snow will make for hazardous travel
conditions throughout this storm.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...
- Arkansas - Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Watch , Record Report
- Maine - Record Report
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Statement
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory