Current Watches and Warnings
Utah, San Rafael Swell
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:02 AM MDT on July 01, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on July 01, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from noon MDT today
through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of central Utah and southern Utah... including the
following areas... in central Utah... San Rafael Swell. In
southern Utah... Glen Canyon Recreation Area/Lake Powell and
south central Utah.
* From noon MDT today through this evening.
* Deep layer moisture supported by a weak weather disturbance
aloft will produce numerous showers and scattered thunderstorms
again today. These showers and storms will be capable of
producing locally heavy rainfall. The potential for heavy rain
will continue into this evening before dissipating.
* Normally dry washes... small streams... slot canyons... and area
streams in steep terrain will be most prone to flooding.
Additionally travel will become difficult on backcountry
roadways due to the heightened potential of Muddy conditions.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- New York - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report