Current Watches and Warnings
Utah, Central and Southwest Mountains
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 1:55 AM MDT on June 28, 2016
... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon today to 10 PM
MDT this evening for lightning after an extremely dry period for
fire weather zones 489... 492... 494... 495... 497 and 498...
* affected area... portions of central and southern Utah including
fire weather zone 489 San Rafael Swell... fire weather zone 492
central Utah west desert... fire weather zone 494 Henry
Mountains... fire weather zone 495 color Country West
desert... fire weather zone 497 Mojave Desert and fire weather
zone 498 Grand Staircase.
* Thunderstorms... widely scattered showers and thunderstorms will
develop over central and southern Utah this afternoon and will
likely have little rain associated with them. The storms are
expected to decrease in coverage this evening... but could
persist into the overnight hours.
* Winds... any showers and thunderstorms that develop will be
capable of producing gusty and erratic outflow winds.
* Impacts... lightning is expected with any thunderstorms this afternoon
and evening. Due to an extended period of dry conditions... any
fires that start from the lightning can spread quickly.
Additionally... any gusty outflow winds in the vicinity of these
fire starts may result in extreme fire behavior.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. Lightning after an
extremely dry period can result in fire starts that spread
quickly. Additionally... any gusty outflow winds in the vicinity
of these fire starts can contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Statement as of 7:10 PM MDT on June 27, 2016
... Record high maximum temperature reported for June 27th...
Station new record old record year
Cedar City Airport 100 98 2013
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- California - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement, Air Quality Alert , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- Nevada - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- New York - Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Air Quality Alert
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Tennessee - Dense Fog Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report