Current Watches and Warnings
Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Statement as of 9:24 PM EDT on September 28, 2016
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on September 28, 2016
Severe Thunderstorm Watch 488 remains in effect until 1000 PM EDT
. Virginia counties included are
Albemarle Amelia Appomattox
Brunswick Buckingham Campbell
Caroline Charles City Charlotte
Chesterfield Cumberland Dinwiddie
Essex Fluvanna Gloucester
Goochland Greensville Halifax
Hanover Henrico Isle of Wight
James City King And Queen King George
King William Lancaster Louisa
Lunenburg Mathews Mecklenburg
Middlesex Nelson New Kent
Northumberland Nottoway Orange
Pittsylvania Powhatan Prince Edward
Prince George Richmond Southampton
Spotsylvania Stafford Surry
Sussex Westmoreland York
Virginia independent cities included are
Charlottesville Colonial Heights Danville
Emporia Franklin Fredericksburg
Hampton Hopewell Lynchburg
Newport News Petersburg Poquoson
Richmond Suffolk Williamsburg
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 9:00 PM EDT on September 28, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Thursday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of central Virginia... south central Virginia and the
Piedmont of central Virginia... including the following areas...
in central Virginia... Caroline... eastern Chesterfield...
eastern Hanover... eastern Henrico... western Chesterfield...
western Hanover and western Henrico. In south central
Virginia... Lunenburg and Nottoway. In the Piedmont of central
Virginia... Amelia... Cumberland... eastern Louisa... Fluvanna...
Goochland... Powhatan... Prince Edward and western Louisa.
* Through Thursday evening
* additional locally heavy rainfall from showers and thunderstorms
is expected across the region overnight and continue through
Thursday evening. Total rainfall amounts are expected to range
from 3 to 6 inches with locally higher amounts possible.
Excessive runoff from heavy rain increases the potential for
flooding across the area especially in low lying and poor
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- California - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Special Statement, Beach Hazard Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Virginia - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning
- - Small Craft Advisory