Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, Lower Columbia and I - 5 Corridor in Cowlitz County
Statement as of 5:08 AM PDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 11:17 PM EDT on March 09, 2014
The Flood Warning continues for
the Grays River near Rosburg.
* At 3 am Sunday the stage was... 15.0 feet / 14935 cfs.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet and flood flow is 8300 cfs.
* Forecast... this river crested at 15.0 ft at 03/09 01:15. This river
is expected to fall below flood stage around 2 PM Sunday and
continue falling for the next couple days.
* Impact... above 14.0 feet, expect widespread lowland flooding and
numerous flooded roads near Rosburg and Hwy 4. This includes the
roadway approaches to the Altoona bridge over the Grays River.
Lat... Lon 4630 12368 4631 12370 4636 12361 4637 12355 4635 12356
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:38 PM PST on March 08, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on March 09, 2014
... Flood Watch remains in effect through Sunday afternoon for
portions of northwest Oregon and southwest Washington...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of northwest Oregon and southwest Washington...
including the following areas... in northwest Oregon... central
Willamette Valley... Coast Range of northwest Oregon... greater
Portland Metro area... lower Columbia... north Oregon coast and
northern Oregon Cascade foothills. In southwest Washington...
Greater Vancouver area... I-5 corridor in Cowlitz County...
South Washington Cascade foothills... South Washington coast
and Willapa Hills.
* Through Sunday afternoon
* rainfall totals of 1 to 3 inches through Sunday morning will
cause sharp rises on some rivers and creeks.
* Minor flooding is possible along some rivers and creeks draining
the Willapa Hills... the north Oregon Coast Range... and the north
Oregon Cascades. Rivers of greatest concern include the Grays
River near Rosburg in southwest Washington... the lower Nehalem
river at Foss in the north Oregon Coast Range... and the
Clackamas river at Estacada. Minor flooding is also possible
along creeks and in low areas of the north and central
Willamette Valley and southwest Washington interior. Urban areas
that might be affected include Portland... Salem... Vancouver... and
* A Flood Warning is in effect for the Grays River in southwest
Washington through Sunday afternoon.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
Landslides and debris flows are possible during this flood event.
People... structures and roads located below steep slopes... in
canyons and near the mouths of canyons may be at serious risk
from rapidly moving landslides.
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
The next update for this watch will be issued by
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 7:53 AM PDT on March 09, 2014
... Latest wind reports...
Location speed time/date lat/Lon
Tidewater 66 0914 PM 03/08 46.01n/123.56w
Clatsop Spit 63 0345 PM 03/08 46.23n/124.00w
Cannon Beach 52 0556 PM 03/08 45.89n/123.96w
Astoria Airport 49 0510 PM 03/08 46.16n/123.88w
1 WSW Astoria 45 0800 PM 03/08 46.18n/123.84w
Lincoln City 51 0924 PM 03/08 44.98n/124.01w
Newport jetty cman 50 0900 PM 03/08
1 S Otter Rock 46 0905 PM 03/08 44.72n/124.06w
1 NW Yachats 43 0542 PM 03/08 44.32n/124.11w
Rockhouse RAWS 52 1012 PM 03/08
Mt Hebo tower 79 0844 PM 03/08
Garibaldi nos 57 0206 PM 03/08
2 WNW Garibaldi 53 0500 PM 03/08 45.57n/123.95w
Garibaldi 47 0833 PM 03/08 45.56n/123.91w
2 E Oceanside 47 0512 PM 03/08 45.47n/123.92w
Pacific City 45 0921 PM 03/08 45.20n/123.97w
Abernathy RAWS 53 0301 PM 03/08
3 NNE Naselle tower 77 0400 PM 03/08 46.42n/123.80w
1 NW Megler tower 69 0515 PM 03/08 46.27n/123.88w
Cape Disappointment 60 0500 PM 03/08
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposure. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alaska - Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch , Wind Chill Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning
- Texas - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement