Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, Lower Columbia and I - 5 Corridor in Cowlitz County
Statement as of 2:43 PM PDT on July 02, 2015
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on July 05, 2015
... Heat advisory now in effect until 6 PM PDT Sunday for much
of the interior lowlands in northwest Oregon and southwest
Washington including the central Oregon Coast Range and the
The heat advisory is now in effect until 6 PM PDT Sunday.
* Temperatures: highs mostly 85 to 95... except 95 to 100 in the
Upper Hood River Valley Sunday.
* Locations include: Vancouver... Battle Ground... Washougal...
Eugene... Springfield... Corvallis... Albany... ODell... Sandy...
Estacada... Sweet Home... Salem... McMinnville... Hillsboro...
Portland... Oregon City... Gresham... St. Helens... Veneta...
Toutle... Ariel... Lake Merwin... Cougar... Cottage Grove...
* impacts: take care not to over exert during the heat of the
day... and to stay hydrated with clear liquids. Automobiles
can heat up rapidly to temperatures harmful or even deadly
to pets and children. Use caution near area rivers... be
water smart... wear a life jacket and use good judgment.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
Statement as of 7:20 PM PDT on July 02, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Eugene or...
a record high temperature of 101 degrees was set at Eugene or today.
This breaks the old record of 98 set in 1942.
- Alabama - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Smoke Advisory
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Mississippi - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement