Current Watches and Warnings
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 3:08 AM CDT on July 22, 2014
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on July 22, 2014
... Beach hazards statement in effect from 10 am CDT this morning
through this evening...
The National Weather Service in Green Bay has issued a beach
hazards statement for dangerous swimming conditions... which is in
effect from 10 am CDT this morning through this evening.
* High wave action... strong currents and dangerous swimming
* Location... beaches of Door County including Rock Island state
beach... Baileys Harbor beaches... and Whitefish Dunes Beach.
Beaches of Kewaunee County including Cresent Beach and
city of Kewaunee beach.
Beaches of Manitowoc County including Point Beach... neshotah
beach... and red arrow beach.
* South to southwest winds will increase to 15 to 25 kts by mid
day. Winds will bring waves of 3 to 5 ft by early afternoon on
the Lake Michigan shore of northeast Wisconsin through 9 PM this
evening. Resulting in dangerous swimming conditions.
High wave action makes swimming difficult and can tire even a
strong swimmer quickly as waves on the Great Lakes occur in rapid
succession. High wave action also leads to strong currents.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 8:30 PM CDT on July 21, 2014
... Safety rules for severe thunderstorms...
Severe thunderstorms are possible. The following tips are being
provided during the severe weather threat.
A Severe Thunderstorm Warning means a thunderstorm with damaging winds
or large hail has been observed or indicated by radar. If you are near
or in the path of a severe storm... take immediate actions to protect
life and property.
Make sure you have multiple ways to receive severe weather alerts...
including NOAA Weather Radio... local TV... and smart phone Apps.
In open country... seek shelter and avoid trees which can be targets for
lightning... or knocked over by strong winds.
When indoors... stay away from windows and go to an interior room.
If very high winds threaten and you are in a Mobile home... you should
leave and seek nearby safe shelter.
If swimming or on a boat... get to shore as quickly as possible and find
A thunderstorm is considered severe when it contains hail 1 inch
diameter or larger... or wind gusts near 60 mph or greater. A severe
thunderstorm may contain a combination of high winds and hail... as
well as very heavy rain and deadly lightning.
Remember... with any severe thunderstorm there is always the
possibility of tornadoes.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Watch
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Heat Advisory
- Kansas - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Michigan - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Air Quality Alert , Beach Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement, Air Quality Alert
- Minnesota - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning
- Wisconsin - Heat Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report