Current Watches and Warnings
West Virginia, Summers
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 3:16 PM EDT on June 27, 2016
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on June 27, 2016
... The Flash Flood Warning remains in effect until 600 PM EDT for
Summers and Greenbrier counties...
At 310 PM EDT... Doppler radar indicated that showers and
thunderstorms were developing over... as well as moving east back
into Greenbrier and Summers County ahead of an approaching
The threat for flash flooding will increase as the afternoon as very
heavy rain moves back into the area. Runoff from this second round
of rain will likely result in flash flooding... and will hamper
ongoing search and Rescue efforts from record flooding that occured
late last week.
Excessive rainfall over the warned area will cause mud slides near
steep terrain. The mud slide can consist of rock... mud... vegetation
and other loose materials.
Some locations that will experience flooding include...
White Sulphur Springs...
This includes the West Virginia state Fairgrounds.
If you live near a flood prone waterway or area that floods during
heavy rains... please do not wait for water levels to begin to
rise... they will rise very quickly! Do not enter or cross flowing
water or water of unknown depth. Stay away from streams and creeks.
Act quickly to protect your life. Turn around... dont drown when
encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles.
When it is safe to do so... please send your reports of flooding...
including mudslides or Road closures... to the National Weather
Service by calling toll free at 1... 8 6 6... 2 1 5... 4 3 2 4. Reports
and pictures can also be shared on the National Weather Service
Blacksburg facebook Page and on twitter.
Lat... Lon 3818 8036 3811 8036 3805 8026 3806 7996
3769 8030 3769 8038 3772 8040 3769 8046
3773 8066 3743 8086 3759 8109 3772 8097
3768 8088 3777 8089 3782 8094 3787 8075
3806 8080 3810 8085 3808 8071 3822 8050
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 1:18 PM EDT on June 27, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until midnight EDT
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Virginia and southeast West Virginia... including
the following areas... in Virginia... Alleghany VA... Bath...
Botetourt... Craig and Rockbridge. In southeast West Virginia...
eastern Greenbrier... Monroe... Summers and western Greenbrier.
* Until midnight EDT tonight
* slow moving showers and thunderstorms with heavy rain will
arrive ahead of a cold front this afternoon and evening. This
heavy rain combined with very wet conditions due to flooding
from last week could result in additional flash flooding.
* Rapid rises along creeks and streams along with poor drainage
due to debris could lead to more flooding this afternoon and
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Weather Statement , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- California - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Weather Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Mississippi - Special Statement , Record Report
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Virginia - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Weather Statement
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Wyoming - Tornado Watch , Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory