Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, Green Mountains and Rattlesnake Range
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 4:41 AM MST on February 06, 2016
Expires 1:00 AM EST on February 07, 2016
... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 11 PM MST this
* timing... a strong pressure gradient will form across portions
of central Wyoming this morning in response to an upper level
disturbance passing over the area. Southwest winds will
increase in strength through the morning hours... peaking by
early afternoon before tapering off in the evening.
* Winds... speeds of 25 to 35 mph with gusts 55 to 60 mph.
* Impacts... strong wind may create hazardous crosswind across
area roadways in addition to areas of blowing snow causing
slick roadways. Motorists should monitor current travel
conditions... especially those in high profile vehicles.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 5:36 AM MST on February 06, 2016
... Preliminary storm information...
The reports below are peak wind gusts recorded between 5 PM Friday
and 5 am Saturday.
***** Peak wind gusts *****
Location speed time/date elevation
... Fremont County...
7 SW Muddy Gap 56 mph 0450 am 02/06 7380 ft
Jeffrey City 46 mph 0518 am 02/06 6374 ft
Crowheart 44 mph 1009 PM 02/05 6099 ft
DuBois Airport 40 mph 0615 PM 02/05 7297 ft
... Johnson County...
7 SW Barnum 43 mph 0346 am 02/06 6440 ft
... Lincoln County...
Mt coffin 48 mph 0200 am 02/06 10870 ft
... Natrona County...
Casper outer drive 57 mph 0421 am 02/06 5463 ft
16 S Hiland 49 mph 0410 am 02/06 6380 ft
Casper Airport 46 mph 0140 am 02/06 5320 ft
... Park County...
8 S Clark 66 mph 1245 am 02/06 4710 ft
chief Joseph Hwy 62 mph 0500 PM 02/05 8136 ft
5 WNW Clark 54 mph 0450 am 02/06 4659 ft
1 W Clark 52 mph 0431 am 02/06 4270 ft
20 SW Cody 47 mph 0213 am 02/06 5843 ft
Powell Airport 46 mph 0455 am 02/06 5050 ft
3 W Powell 41 mph 0459 am 02/06 4505 ft
Cody Airport 40 mph 0955 PM 02/05 5100 ft
10 WNW Cody 40 mph 0640 PM 02/05 8401 ft
... Sweetwater County...
15 se Rock Springs 50 mph 1144 PM 02/05 7550 ft
Rock Springs Airport 40 mph 0848 PM 02/05 6760 ft
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposure. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Blizzard Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Minnesota - Blizzard Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Nebraska - High Wind Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Special Statement , Record Report
- New York - Special Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - High Wind Warning , Blizzard Watch , Blizzard Warning , Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Blizzard Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement