Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, Salt River and Wyoming Ranges
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 2:07 PM MST on December 20, 2014
Expires 10:00 AM EST on December 22, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 5 PM this afternoon to
8 am MST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for snow and blowing snow... which is in effect from 5
PM this afternoon to 8 am MST Monday. The Winter Storm Watch is no
longer in effect.
* Summary and timing... snowfall will increase across Lincoln
County this evening. Periods of heavy snow with blowing snow is
expected Sunday across the area before weakening on Monday
* Snow accumulations... the valley locations may see 6 to 10 inches
of snowfall with this storm with the higher accumulations
expected around Star Valley ranch. Mountain locations could see
12 to 20 inches... with locally higher amounts up to 24 inches.
* Wind and visibility... wind will be strongest over the mountain
passes with west wind of 25 to 35 mph with gusts over 45 mph.
The lower elevations will see southwest wind increasing to 15 to
25 mph on Sunday with gusts to 35 mph in open areas. The wind
and snowfall will limit the visibility to under a quarter mile at
* Impacts... the combination of snowfall and wind will have an
adverse impact on travelers across the area. Significant
snowfall across the valleys will create hazardous driving
conditions due to snow packed roadways.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of
snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in
an emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
The latest Road conditions provided by the Wyoming Department of
Transportation are available by calling 5-1-1 or on the internet
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Avalanche Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Freezing Rain Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Oregon - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Texas - Record Report
- Utah - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Avalanche Warning , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement