Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, Upper Green River Basin Foothills
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 8:14 PM MST on March 07, 2014
Expires 10:00 PM EST on March 08, 2014
The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued a
* Flood Advisory for melting snow in...
Lincoln County in west central Wyoming...
Sublette County in west central Wyoming...
Teton County in northwest Wyoming...
* until 800 PM MST Saturday
* Teton County and Lincoln County emergency management both continue
to receive reports of minor flooding of residences... other
buildings... and in some cases low spots in area roads due to
snowmelt. In most cases... the water is unable to filter into the
frozen ground... and is instead flowing into low areas and outlets.
The potential exists for similar events to unfold in Sublette
County this weekend due to the large amount of snow still on the
ground across the lower elevations.
Temperatures will rise into the lower to mid 40s on Saturday and
Sunday followed by more rain and snow on Monday. Therefore... it
is quite possible the flooding will continue through the weekend.
* Minor flooding could occur almost anywhere across the lower
elevations of the advisory area. Locations most susceptible to
the flooding are the southern portion of the Jackson Valley and
rural ranch and farm lands in Star Valley. Buttes in and around
the town of Jackson will be susceptible to rock slides and
Sandbags and sand are available to residents and businesses for
immediate protection of property from flooding. In Teton County...
these can be found at the town of Jackson public works yard at 450
west snow King Avenue and at the Teton County Road and levee yard
at 3190 south Adams Canyon drive. Call Teton County emergency
management at 307-733-9572 if you have any questions.
Residents of Star Valley can obtain sandbags in Afton on the west
side of the Road and bridge yard next to the red trailer. In
Thayne... the sandbags are located at the south end of the Road
and bridge yard. If you Need More information... you may contact
the Lincoln County emergency management at 307-885-4925.
Sublette County residents who observe flooding of any kind...
especially flooding with the potential of causing property or
Road damage... should contact the Sublette County Sheriffs Office
Stay alert for possible snowmelt runoff if you live in a low area
relative to surrounding farm and ranch lands. Move other property
such as trailers... campers... or other vehicles to higher ground to
minimize the possibility of damage.
Report hazardous weather to the National Weather Service office in
Riverton at 1-800-211-1448.
Lat... Lon 4466 11106 4466 11067 4458 11066 4454 11029
4443 11030 4429 11015 4414 11012 4413 11005
4347 11005 4346 10976 4302 10956 4295 10937
4277 10924 4269 10908 4226 10905 4226 11006
4157 11006 4158 11105
Statement as of 5:29 PM MST on March 07, 2014
... Record daily maximum precipitation set at Casper WY...
a record precipitation of 0.31 inch(es) was set at Casper WY today.
This breaks the old record of 0.19 set in 2012.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , High Wind Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Freezing Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oregon - High Wind Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Texas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Air Quality Alert
- Virginia - Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Freezing Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Special Weather Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement